Incoming Freshmen Admissions Timeline for Class of 2028
- Register for the TACHS Exam. Any student interested in applying to Ferrer for the 9th-grade class should register to take the TACHS Exam
- Attend Open House. Our Open House will be held on October 21,2023. Check the homepage for information to RSVP.
- List Ferrer on your TACHS Exam.
- Applicants must list Saint Vincent Ferrer (TACHS code #212) as one of their three school choices in order for the scores to be sent to Ferrer. Ferrer considers all three choices for admission.The 6th, 7th, and 8th-grade academic record of the student will be compiled by the Catholic grade school and sent to the three schools of choice in December. If the student does not attend a Catholic grade school, she should contact the TACHS office at the Archdiocese of New York. (212-371-1011)
- The Catholic high schools will receive the TACHS scores in late December and send out letters to all TACHS applicants. Selection for the Ferrer Scholars and Honors Program (the school's merit-based scholarships) is based on TACHS scores, student interviews, grade school academic records, and impeccable conduct reports. Ferrer will contact the students selected for the scholarship in January.
Transfer Students Admissions
There are a limited number of transfer student spaces each year. Because there are sometimes circumstances beyond a student's control, we do consider transfers into the 12th grade. Ferrer is a college preparatory school and our students have a challenging academic program. If your daughter has not successfully completed credit at her previous school, she is not likely to succeed here. We recognize, however, that there are many reasons why a student may seek to transfer schools. If you are interested in a possible transfer to Ferrer, please complete the following:
- Provide a copy of your daughter's last two years of report cards
- Include a cover sheet with your contact information
- Include a brief statement as to the reason for the possible transfer, including the name of her previous/current school
- If your daughter has previously applied to Ferrer and was accepted by us, that information should be included
All the information should be faxed to Sister Christine, Admissions, at F# 212-988-3455