- The school was founded in 1884 by Dominican Fathers of St Vincent Ferrer Church to meet the grade school needs of the ever-expanding neighborhood.
- The high school was added in 1909.
- The present school building was erected and the high school was restructured as an all girls' college preparatory high school in 1954.
- The grammar school was closed in 1985.
- The Advisory Board was created in1997.
- The Scholars Program was inaugurated in 2000.
- The school was accredited by Middle States Association in 2002.